I have added even more features to my Blender SVN pages.
Commit messages now display the authors full name instead of cryptic username, revisions in commit messages are now shown as links and there is a "changed paths" list on each revision page. Additionally some Statistics pages now have new file related charts. E.g. developer pages show most edited files and number of added, deleted and modified files.
Commit Logs are also available as RSS feeds in case you want to follow Blender commits more closely. You can subscribe All Commits, Trunk Commits or commits from a specific branch from any branches' statistics page.
Update: You can also use RSS feeds with "short-title" option (All Commits, Trunk Commits), this way revision title is printed as "r12345:" instead of "Revision 12345 (trunk/blender):". This can be useful if your reader has only limited screen space.
I have been updating some parts of MiikaHweb in the past few days.
First of all: after gathering dust for nearly five years, the Mobile section is finally up to date again.
Basically it's a listing of mobile apps I have found useful. New section features all popular mobile platforms: Android, iOS, Symbian and Windows Phone, although Android is the main platform as I'm using it myself.
I also did some small improvements on Blender SVN statistics pages. I suppose most useful tweak are new Blender Tracker links on Commit Log pages. Now you can view the related bug report/patch simply by clicking the hash number on commit message (if any).
I've been working on some kind of effect system for Mesh Paint. Hardest part of it is to make it work along all those UV-islands mesh very likely has. Some simple effects are partly ready but they currently only work on planar mesh, so still about 3/4 of work to do.
Here are previews of two basic effects. First, spreading / expanding paint:
And dripping paint (Ya, I know it could look better. I'm working on it.):
And special thanks to everyone who donated to support my development! :)
During the last week I added mesh paint properly to Blender source (my previous implementation was just a bunch of edited modifiers :p) and added user interface elements. I think that was one of the hardest parts of this whole project. Just browsing through Blender source trying to figure out how to add new modifiers, operator buttons etc. :)
I also did some optimizations and improvements on base code and added some new features.
Particle painting is now finished:
Then I added sub steps to allow solid results even with fast moving objects:
I'm soon about to finish displacement painting as well.
My smoke patch is now in Blender trunk! Just grab a build later than SVN r30809 and try it out.
Update includes my new smoke patch and some additions by Daniel Genrich, including GUI adjustments, automatic particle system when creating a smoke flow and adaptive timesteps to ensure stable simulation while having high velocity fluid.